TikTok is a social media platform that has become popular in recent years. But it's not just for teenagers and millennials - vets can find success on TikTok as well! This article will give you some tips and suggestions to help your vet practice or veterinarian succeed on TikTok and highlight some of the different types of content we suggest.
What is TikTok
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to share short videos. The videos are typically between 15 seconds and about a minute long and can include a combination of photos and video clips.
TikTok was developed in China in 2016 and has quickly grown in popularity. According to TechCrunch, there are more than 500 million users of TikTok every month all around the world. In 2017, TikTok was released in the United States and had snowballed with users from all age groups.
Why use TikTok for veterinary practice
Veterinary practices can use TikTok for marketing - it stretches the bounds of traditional marketing through the variety of content it can host and the hashtags you can use to call people's attention.
Tiktok boasts over 130 million monthly active users in the US. This is something you would want to get a piece of for your practice. Just like any social media platform, if you play your cards right on Tiktok, you can expect an influx of fans and followers that you can easily convert to customers.
TikTok is an excellent platform for veterinary practices and veterinarians to reach out and engage with your clients, especially if your target market is pet parents under the age of 35.
How to get started on TikTok
Starting your TikTok campaign for your veterinary practice is relatively easy. Here's a rundown of the steps that you need to take.
- Sign up for an account on TikTok - Think of a memorable handle for your vet practice but make sure it stays loyal to your brand.
- Check out the different types of content available on the platform - What better way to learn than to go and check out what others are doing on the forum. Find the more popular pet or vet accounts on Tiktok and see what kind of videos are famous to their audience.
- Find some videos to follow and interact with other users - Social media is all about interaction. It's not a one-way street. To find videos that you find enjoyable and interact with the people in the comments section. This is also an excellent way to get people to click on your handle and see your content.
- Use hashtags to attract new customers who might be interested in your services - A lot of Tiktok users rely on hashtags to get content that they love. Use this to your advantage and search for brand/industry-specific hashtags and use them on your videos.
Types of Content Vet Practices Can Post on Tiktok
The types of content that can be used in a vet's TikTok strategy are videos, memes, polls, and more! Vet practices should look for popular pet accounts and brands on TikTok and see what kind of videos they are posting.
The goal of the video is to build trust and credibility with clients or potential clients. An excellent idea for a video would be to post a tour or some introduction to the practice. Videos can also include information that will help your clients, such as vaccination reminders or animal care tips.
This is a fun way to communicate with people on TikTok without coming off as too severe. Memes are easy to create, upload, and share and it helps to keep the audience engaged.
This is a great way to get more information on your clients. For example, you can post a poll asking what people like most about their pets or ask something related to pet care, such as "how often do you wash your dog?" You could also try posting polls that are related to your veterinary practice, such as "what are you most concerned about for this summer?"
Tips And suggestions when creating content on TikTok
- The best thing to do is to post content relevant to your target audience if you are a veterinarian or veterinary practice. Putting up the right content and having the correct tags will also help get followers and acquire more views. To be successful on TikTok, you will need to post at least one video every day and know your follower count and what you want those followers to see.
- Create an introduction video that gives your viewers a little backstory on who you are as a veterinarian or vet practice, then follow it up with videos that relate to your professional field like surgeries, surgeries procedure, medical care for pets, including vaccinations and treatments for illnesses, animal care such as grooming and feeding, educational content like how-to videos and veterinary tips, and finally something that is just for fun.
- Search hashtags relevant to what type of veterinary practice you are in the explore section of TikTok, then try them out and see what gets the most views.
- When you post a video, make sure that it is catchy enough for people to share it with their friends on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. If your audience likes your content, they will share it!
- To be successful on TikTok, you will need to post at least one video every day and know your follower count and what you want those followers to see.
Need TikTok Marketing Help?
TikTok is a great way to get in front of potential clients. It's easy for vets and vet practices to upload content that appeals to their target audience with memes, polls, videos, or any other type of content. Dominating the veterinary Tiktok space might sound like a tall order, but if you produce great content consistently, know how to use the best hashtags, and engage with your followers, then it won't take long.
If this all sounds too confusing for you, you can get the help of a trusted veterinary marketing company like ours. Veterinary Marketing has the right experience, expertise, and workforce to assist your practice in any marketing endeavor it chooses to take on. Give us a call today and find out why the best vets trust only Veterinary Marketing with their marketing campaigns.